The first day of school is the begining of a new phase in a child’s life. It is the beginning of their academic journey.
Most parents worry about their child’s school performance which is natural. You want to ensure they are well prepared and their first days in school are happy days.
Here are some tips to ensure your kid has a great first day in school.
- Chat with your child and carry out activities related to starting school.
- Take a trip to school with your child before the first day and meet with the teacher(s).
- Make the first-day special.
Chat With Your Child And Carry Out Activities Related To Starting School
Talking to your child about starting school can help them feel more comfortable with their new environment and classmates. Most times, this should be in an open dialogue, where you can begin the conversation with questions, allowing your child’s natural curiosity and creativity to guide the discussion.
Purchase and read picture books with them about starting and going to school. It will help your child get acquainted with the class environment and see that there is nothing to fear.
Go shopping with your little one for school gear and supplies. Let them pick out their favorite pencil cases ,backpacks, lunch boxes and shoes so their excitement can start from there.
Take A Trip To School With Your Child Before The First Day And Have A Meeting With The Teacher(s)
Before your child begins classes, a good plan is to spend some time at the school to familiarize them with the environment.It will take the edge off them on the first day and make learning pleasurable.
If you can, speaking with the teacher beforehand, it is always a good idea to figure out what they will expect of your child and you. Get to know the people you are entrusting your child.
Make The First Day Special
Here are some tips to make the first-day special:
- Assemble school gears and supplies the night before.
- Prepare your child’s favorite dish.
- Do some paparazzi, a quick photo shoot, and videos to make them feel like a star while you also document the day.
- Pray with them
- Be at the school on time and spend few minutes before you leave.
- Assure your child that they can contact you at any time of day and that you are available to them
It is an exciting time for you and your child as you prepare for their first day at school. There is a lot to be done, and one of the most important things you can do to make this transition as smooth as possible is to ensure that your child is ready for the new phase.
For your child’s back to school items,click here to shop now